Kegel Ball: They are two vaginal spheres especially indicated for postpartum uterine involution, treatments to alleviate and prevent incontinence and strengthen the pelvic floor, helping to have better more satisfying sexual relations. The KegelBall have an ovoid shape to facilitate both insertion and extraction.
CAUSES OF WEAKNESS OF THE PELVIC FLOOR
The pelvic floor can deteriorate due to pregnancy, childbirth, menopause, impact sports, chronic cough, etc.
- Pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum: These are the main risk factors that predispose a woman to suffer from pelvic floor dysfunction. During pregnancy due to the weight of the uterus that overloads the tissues.
During childbirth due to the passage of the baby through the vagina, aggravated in case of great weight of the baby. or notable and aggravated head circumference if an episiotomy must be performed. In the case of cesarean deliveries, weakening of the pelvic floor may also occur.
In the postpartum period, if the weakened muscles are not exercised correctly, the early practice of abdominal exercises or overly aggressive gymnastic exercises can accentuate the weakening of the pelvic floor muscles.
- Menopause: The passage of time and the hormonal changes of menopause can cause a loss of flexibility in the pelvic floor, and favor the weakening of the tissues.
- Impact sports: Sports such as spinning, aerobics, jogging, which increase intra-abdominal pressure, can cause, even in very young women, loss of tone in the pelvic floor .
- Genetic inheritance: Two out of ten women have innate weakness in the pelvic floor muscles.
- Everyday habits: Holding urine for a long time or wearing very tight clothing.
- Other causes: Obesity, constipation, chronic cough and stress.
HYGIENE AND MAINTENANCE
Therapeutic Chinese balls Kegel Ball must be kept impeccable so as not to be infected with any pathogens. To do this, wash them before and after use with warm water and a neutral soap and dry them with a clean cotton towel.
To sterilize them, you can use Femintimate accessory cleaner. Do not use alcohol. The soft silicone they are made of may deteriorate.
- Material: 100% silky silicone
- No phthalates
- Diameter: 3.5 cm
- Total length: 19.9 cm including bow: 9.4 cm